- This statement was updated on 6th August 2020. It outlines the policy that Bath Running tours takes towards your privacy in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information/data.
- We never have, nor will we, share information with 3rd parties unless obliged or permitted to by law. We gather information from our customers in order to book onto our tours and run weekends. We follow best practices on handling and storing of your data.
This website is owned and operated by Bath Running Tours. Contact us by email or phone, using the business email address or phone number published on our website or by using our website contact form.
Collecting your personal data
- The personal information we may collect and store on you includes:
- Information that you provide when registering for our activities through our website (including your name and email address and, for certain activities, other personal information such as activity level, where you are staying in Bath and any medical info);
- Information that you provide (including your name and email address) when emailing us
- Information that you provide when booking our tours or weekends, and information you share on RunGo the app used for our Discovery Challenge
- Information relating to purchases you make of our goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website. The transaction data may include your contact details and the transaction details.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website.
- Before disclosing another person’s personal information to us (which is sometimes requested and necessary for signing others up to activities and services), you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Photos are taken throughout the tours and running weekends (providing consent is given)
Use of your personal data
- We will process and use the above kinds of personal data outlined above primarily to provide you with, and administer, the services and goods you have either requested information on, or signed up for in accordance with this policy. In addition we use some of the data obtained from Google Analytics to optimize our services and website.
- Photos: Information about past run tours and weekends are available on our website and across our social media channels, and this includes photographs of past tours. Photos are usually taken during running tours and weekends (provided consent is given). Participants of such services and events are asked to provide consent (verbal consent) for photo sharing across our website and social media platforms at the time the photographs are taken. These photos are then uploaded to our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
- Participants are free to refuse consent for photo sharing and this will not impact on the provision of the service they receive. Individuals may also change their mind about consent at any stage and notify us (detailed below) that they wish for photographs and/or social media posts containing their information to be removed. In such instances Bath Running Tours will remove these from our own website and delete social media posts as well as our storage of these photos if required, however we cannot guarantee that the photos will be permanently erased from the internet as others may have shared these following publication.
Disclosing your personal data
- We may disclose your personal data where necessary in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
- We may disclose your contact details to our guides or suppliers as deemed reasonably necessary to deliver sub-contracted services (such as booking restaurants).
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and professional advisers as deemed reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Retaining and deleting personal data
- Personal data that we process for any purpose/s will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Contacts, invoices and contract details will be retained for a maximum period of 6 years following the end of the customer relationship;
- Stripe will retain data in line with their processing policies (refer to Section 4 above for links to their policies);
- Human resources information on our tour guides (CVs and resulting recruitment process information) will be retained for a period defined by mutual agreement with the individuals concerned.
Despite these provisions, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data: where we are required to do so by law or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
- You have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to proof of your identity. For a formal access request by emailing email@example.com.
- You can unsubscribe from email updates we send to our customers and subscribers at any time using the link provided in any such emails or by contacting us via our details in Section 11.
- You are not obliged to share your personal details with Bath Running tours. If you choose not to share your personal data with us (including, but not limited to, name and email address) then we will not usually be able to register you for our events and activities.
Our websites may transfer cookies to your device’s storage in order to remember who you are. We will not use the cookies in order to collect personally identifiable information about you. By continuing to use the website you consent to relevant cookies being set on your device. Other essential technical information is also collected by the website provider, such the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system used, and the date and time of access.
Third party websites and apps
Our website includes hyperlinks to third party websites and services. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of these third parties. This includes the RunGo app used for the Discovery Challenge.
We may update this policy occasionally by publishing a new version on our website. You should therefore check this page periodically to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We will endeavour to notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
© Copyright Bath Running Tours